I had the idea of doing a colt starting video series for years but the timing never worked. It was a huge time commitment requiring set up and tear down of camera equipment, synchronizing several peoples schedules and filming in all kinds of weather conditions…and that was just on the filming side. For every hour spent in the barn preparing, filming and tearing down there were 4-5 hours spent in editing and producing the videos. I am happy to say that in the end it was all worth it, although there were times in the moment when I wanted to quit.
The reason I wanted to do it was easy to define: to show people the normal pace and steps of my training. It was important to me for people to see the ‘whole picture’ because I knew that it would help people understand the stage they were at with their horse. I truly believe that educating people so they understand horses is the best way to improve the lives of both horses and humans.
I am also thankful to Weaver Leather for coming along with me on this journey. They went out on a limb with this crazy-never-been-done-before idea of mine despite the fact that I couldn’t answer many of their questions. How long will it last? What will you cover? How many episodes will there be? As a true horse person the only answer I could give was ‘the horse will tell us’….and still they came on board with their sponsorship which made the project possible.
I especially want to thank all of you who faithfully watched and interacted with both myself and Weaver Leather on social media. Your encouragement and questions kept the project alive and inspired me by letting me know that I had reached my goal.
- “Thank You Stacy and thank you Weaver Leather for sponsoring these videos!!!”-Mike Hasel
- “Thank you for doing this.”-Christina P
- “Thank you for sponsoring the Stacy Westfall Jac series .. it was great!!!!!!!”-Jackie DeJoe
- “So kind of you. Thanks for sharing your hard earned secrets. Awesome !”-willingwalers
- “Thank you for the Stacy & Jac videos. Great gal and great info. Please, keep ’em coming. Also good products from Weaver’s Leather!!!”-Sheryl Turner
- “You should be proud of Jac…but also very proud of yourself! Surely a heart and soul experience for the both of you!”-Ellen Schoner Mader
- “Stacy Westfall, you’re awesome I’m always so inspired when I’m watching this series! THANK YOU SO MUCH Weaver Leather!!!!”-Jessie Smart
- “This is so insanely interesting, you are such an inspiration !”-Lara Kramer
- “THANK YOU WEAVER!!!”-Shasta Meekins
- “Awesome thanks…Bunch of good info on starting thanks!!!!”-Tim Bartlow
- “Thank you Weaver, Stacy and Jac for these awesome informative videos, I have enjoyed watching every minute and will watch them all again!”-Debbie Walsh
- “I have really enjoyed your series and relate so much to the story you told. Will be a fan of yours forever!”-Jenny Doely Auer
- “I have sent thanks before for the video series that you sponsored for Stacy Westfall and Jac. Again, I want to thank you. I love your equipment. It lasts.”-Liz Patterson Sahlstrom
- “This is a really cool idea, I’m enjoying watching Jac’s journey! Thanks for sharing :)”-Horsesjustknow
- “A big thank-you for the Stacy and Jac videos. I really enjoyed them and am learning so much from them!!”-Julie Murphy
- “You do know how to bring a tear to the eye. GOD has given you a special gift and you use it well. GOD BLESS YOU.”-Carol Seeley
- “A BIG thank you for sponsoring the Stacy Westfall series….love it and it’s helped me soooo much!”-Peggy Newman Holmes