Welcome to our website!
This is our home on the web. In the real world, we live in Loudonville, Ohio. We both train horses and teach people about horsemanship. In my opinion, both of those terms are rather vague but I have chosen them as a starting point. We have to start somewhere so lets jump right in.
We are teachers of both horses and people. We have a heart for teaching and for those who want to learn. The internet is huge and the amount of information at your fingertips is amazing. Knowing this, I have a few recommendations for you.
If you are new to us, our training methods and our theories, I would recommend that you get to know us through the large amount of free information we have available. The reason I have published so much content for free is because I believe that you should know, like and trust us before you consider purchasing anything. This increase success for both of us, it creates a win-win situation, which is a core value that we have. Creating win-win-win situations is possible. Let me give you a tour!
1) Learn completely free!
Like to read?
With almost 1,000 blog posts written you may want to begin by either; reading the following popular blogs, scroll down to read the most recent blogs or click on the search button in the top right and type in your key words. Or check out a few of these popular posts.
- The first horse I refused to train by Stacy Westfall
- Video: Mount horse without girth for educational purposes; proper mounting technique.
- How cold is too cold to ride a horse?
- Teaching a horse to give to pressure on a halter for leading and tying
- LOVE: A visit to Last Chance Corral foal rescue
- Should I breed my mare: Things to consider before breeding your mare.
- What is the difference between a horseman and a horse trainer? Written by Jesse Westfall
- Stacy Westfall Deaf & Mute?
2) Still free…but more structured.
If you like what you have read and want to learn more about our philosophies, still completely for free, consider signing up for my weekly email series. Once a week, on Tuesday, you will receive a short, thought provoking, educational piece of content. This is stuff that I haven’t published anywhere else. Sign up for free, unsubscribe any time.
Here’s what Jackie had to say, “I love the emails. Every time I see one I can’t wait to read it. Perfect length too! Short and sweet!”
I have hundreds of other thank-you notes…but I will save that for another page. Signing up is easy. Either click here or scroll to the bottom of this page and fill out the simple form, click the email you receive in your inbox verifying your address…and your email will come on Tuesday!
3) STILL FREE!
Like video? I’ve got that covered too.
My YouTube channel has over 200 videos on it ranging from silly to serious. Random to structured series.
Check it out. https://www.youtube.com/StacyLWestfall
Not sure where to start? The silly fun stuff shows my personality. You could check out:
- Pony Expresso– where I rode my horse through the Starbucks drive thru
- McDonalds…yep, rode through there too.
- Horse vs ball– I like seeing the horses have fun too!
For a more serious look at what our methods produce check out these:
- Stacy Westfall Championship Bareback & Bridleless Freestyle Reining with Roxy– the balance between natural horsemanship and performance is something we understand and achieve
- 2011 Congress Freestyle Reining Bridleless– Man could he spin!!!!! His mother is the mare in the video below.
- 2003 NRHA Futurity Freestyle Bridleless Reining– This is the ride that started it all, watch the crowd at the end
To learn more about my teaching style I recommend watching my series, Stacy’s Video Diary: Jac. I recommend jumping in early because the series show the progression of Jac over a year. The most dramatic changes happen in the first few episodes and then the training levels out. I made the series because I wanted to let people see the complete process more clearly. You can see Jac dragging me around the arena in the beginning, first saddling, first trip to the vet, time off due to injury, first time going to the show, and much much more. I am well known for my show horses but most of what I do happens at home. This series is a behind the scenes view of the training process.
4) DVDs & Book Learning option $20-$300
If you have gone through the steps above and you want a more targeted learning option check out what we have to offer with our DVD’s and Smart Start Book.
5) Phone coaching/mentoring $300 per hour
This is being offered as a support system to the free online tools and DVD’s. Often people will have places where they feel stuck and they want to ask a question. Participants will submit videos and questions prior to the call to illustrate the issue they are having.
For years Stacy has privately coached clients on a variety of subjects including careers in the horse industry, growing a horse training business, facing challenges with clients, finding and selecting a local trainer/instructor to ride with, creating a successful show schedule, training issues with horses and many more subjects.
In 2018 she will be offering this unique opportunity to a few more people. For more information or to express an interest in speaking with Stacy on a specific subject please email email@example.com
6) Clinics at Westfall’s home- $1,800 and up
At Westfall Horsemanship, our unique ability to take horse from the first ride to high level competition demonstrates our full view of a horses training. Our success in multiple disciplines shows a solid understanding of methods that produce longevity and versatility. This, combined with our ability to teach and explain, is what makes our clinics unique. We can explain the full process, identify where you are stuck and give you exercises to advance you and your horse. We welcome people who have been learning for years as well as those who are newer. Our only request is that you come with an open mind, lots of questions and a desire to advance.
What I want you to know about our clinics
- We have an incredibly low teacher to student ratio of 1:2, one teacher for every two students
- Both teachers are high level instructors of their own accord
- We offer a limited number of clinics for students that want to advance
- We recommend that you have studied at minimum the Basic Groundwork and Basic Body Control DVDs prior to your arrival. Additional DVD’s will help you to understand the basic principals and language that will be used. Although not required for the Foundation Clinic, the more you advance yourself at home the more you benefit you will harvest from attending the clinic.
Recommended order of information:
- Sign up for free weekly email
- Watch several YouTube videos from Stacy’ YouTube Channel
- Watch Basic Groundwork and Basic Body Control DVDs
- Write down exercises and try them with your horse
- perfect circles with inside rein only, spiral in – spiral out, 4 leaf clover at all three gaits
- If you find yourself with questions, consider signing up for a Foundation Clinic
- this may be true if the exercises and techniques are new to you
- this may be true if the horse you are now using is greener
- this may be true if you are unfamiliar with all of these techniques
- If you can easily do all of the exercises shown, consider signing up for our advanced series
- You will be required to submit a video demonstrating these exercises to be accepted into the Advancing with Excellence clinic. These will include: perfect circles with inside rein only, spiral in – spiral out, 4 leaf clover at all three gaits
- Write down exercises and try them with your horse
To learn more please join our clinic email list by filling out the form below.
Be the first to know!
When Stacy schedules a clinic the first people to know will be those on her email list. Want to be one of them? Sign up here.
I’m also going to do some online workshops in 2018. If you would like to learn more about these, please use this form to sign up for emails containing more information.
Are you curious about how a workshop webinar would work?
Sign up for a free demo. No risk, no obligation.
It is my personal goal to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your experience.
As this product contains both physical products as well as live experiences please follow this link to learn about the Terms and Conditions.
Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
…what are you waiting for?