About this clinic:
This is the opportunity to ride with us multiple times during 2018. Although we are currently titling this a clinic series, it more closely resembles other clinicians ‘certification’ programs. It is designed for people who want to achieve an advanced understanding of training and maneuvers for either personal or professional growth.
This will require you to ride with us multiple times, with breaks in between where you return home and practice what you have been taught. We have used this method over the years with astounding results. Our students have not only advanced in their learning, they have proven themselves in the show-pen winning at major events. Many of them have competed and won…without bridles!
Advancing with Excellence Clinic
If your goals involve competing at a mustang makeover, a competitive trail challenge, ranch riding, western dressage or freestyle reining this clinic series might be right for you.
We have coached people to high levels in multiple disciplines. We have had students win year-end belt buckles, saddles, regional titles, national championships and freestyle reining. We have had several students compete and win at a national level…bridleless!
Is this clinic right for you?
This clinic will be a great fit for you if:
- You are interested in riding with us multiple times during 2018
- You can commit to returning to Loudonville, Ohio at least three times during 2018
- You believe high-level training can be achieved while still being a compassionate trainer
- You would like the opportunity to ride one of our trained horses
- You would like to bring more than one horse
- You have a desire to advance in the following areas:
- lead departures & flying lead changes
- spins, neck reining, steering
- sliding stops
- bridleless riding
- colt starting (this is not an accident, colt starting is advanced training)
Where will it be held?
The clinics will be held at our location in Ohio. Please click here to read more about directions, lodging options during your clinic as well as places to stay with your horse if you decide to extend your stay in the area.
What is the cost?
The person who is interested in this clinic should consider that they will be learning the skills of a professional horse trainer. In this mindset, you should be looking at this as continuing education. Even if you choose not to become a professional horse trainer, you WILL save money because you will be training your horses yourself instead of paying someone else to train them.
I would encourage you to think of this as an investment, not as a cost.
If you would like to compare this cost to other programs offered, you can compare this to other clinicians ‘certification programs’. Pricing is shown within the sample schedule below.
What will the schedule be like?
As this will be a recurring series we will work with you to fit these recurring two-day clinics into your schedule.
- series of 2-day clinics with decreasing cost at each one
- limited to a max of 4 riders or less, option to bring multiple horses per rider available
- Includes clinic, stall, bedding, full set of DVDs, notebook, daily one-on-one recap with Stacy of what you have learned & exercises you should be practicing
- Includes one phone call review between sessions
- Private one on one lesson guaranteed from 2nd clinic on
- Option for lesson on our trained horse beginning at third clinic
- Dates flexible with student goals (some students may go to shows with us)
An example schedule would be:
- First clinic May 5-6—— -$1,500
- Second clinic June 1-2—$1,000
- Third clinic July 7-8——-$1,000
- Fourth clinic Aug 4-5——$500
- Additional clinic days at same rate during 2018-$250 per day
- clinic times available on weekdays or weekends.
- It is not required to space returns at one-month intervals, you may schedule your dates on a flexible schedule. It may also be possible for you to stay for up to a week at a time depending on your unique situation.
If you have questions about the possible dates or scheduling possibilities, please fill out the application and ask your questions there. This will give me the information I need to answer your questions. Filling out the application is not a commitment on your part, you will not be committed until we send you an invoice and you pay your deposit.
You will be required to submit a video demonstrating your riding skills to be accepted into the Advancing with Excellence clinic. If you believe you qualify please complete the application and attach any current video you have. Depending on your video we may request additional skills to be shown in another video.
If this interests you and you would like more information, please apply.Apply to be considered for Advancing Series
Deposit and Payment not required with the application, only after acceptance. Upon acceptance, a $500.00 deposit is required to secure your spot.